Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 12-20-2008, 09:22 AM
TE Expert

Default Unreality...

I can't believe members fight against each other through posting...
I can't believe members account can be suspended during days as punishment...
I can't believe people spend so much energy about that...
I can't believe the purpose of TE is now to speak about post strikes...

I cant' believe what TE has become...

Unreality...
Old 12-20-2008, 09:31 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Unreality...

I can believe ... saw it coming, 8 months ago ... Merry Christmas
Old 12-20-2008, 09:35 AM
TE Senior Member

that already makes two of us, Stephane
it is a certain reality though ... if we let it

but this will soon pass
let's rather focus on xmas wishes and santa parties ;o)
it is a <a href="http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=vnRqYMTpXHc" target=_blank>wonderful world</a>, after all ;o)

merry Xmas
Old 12-20-2008, 09:40 AM
TE Junior Member

Hi Stepan.

I don't wish to trivialise this issue but families fight occasionally. Sometimes there are relatives or acquaintances that just don't get along. Life's like that.

It's seldom that one person is 100% right and the other 100% wrong. George can be more than a little 'abrasive' but I wouldn't have him any other way. Scott is another who has the courage to say what he thinks. We are not obliged to agree or disagree with either.

It's unfortunate that this sort of thing happens but I believe it's best to just carry on with your life and let the dust settle. The alternative is the politics of the schoolyard. There's an old saying that "the least said, soonest mended". That's not being a coward or not supporting your friends, it just means that sometimes we need to accept that people have differences, and move on.

Sadly, the more like a strait-jacket the rules of a website are, the more - by accident or design - people will fall foul of them.

TE is a GREAT site and it has the widest spectrum of interests, characters and photographic abilities of all the websites I visit. Don't knock it, the world is better for having it - despite its odd minor failings.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:46 AM
TE Expert

Schoolyards...
Sounds good to me...
The right word actually !!!
Old 12-20-2008, 10:47 AM
TE Expert

Stéphane, welcome back !
You are coming just at the right time and I agree with you.
I also agree with what Paul was writing just before this.

I won't intervene in the French thread for the moment : they too have the right to express their opinions and frustrations, but I don't like personal attacks. If I were to write there, it would be to appeal for calm and reason.

Most importantly for me : I believe that both trends (because these are really very different POVs about photography, isn't it ?) should be allowed to coexist peacefully on the same site, which is should remain big enough for that. There should be enough place for everyone to express him/herself through photography on TE.

"La richesse dans la diversité", TE gains by having as many various trends and tastes and genres, the narrower it becomes the less interesting it will be. Sadly, so many persons have left recently, IMO it's a waste of time to be fighting like this over ideas when there are so many more pressing issues to deal with... Learn to live side by side, let peace and harmony prevail...

Unfortunately no time to read all what was written since yesterday night right now, but : if it is only a schoolyard fight, let them play but still, I hate this climate of disharmony... No time, nor feeling like joining the battle. Hoping it won't get worse !
Old 12-20-2008, 02:27 PM
TE Expert

You are wisdom...
Old 12-20-2008, 02:57 PM

Without commenting on any of the personalities involved in the various 'discussions' currently under way, it's as well to remember that the written word is far easier to mis-interpret than a face to face conversation which is supported by intonation, body language, speech volume etc, etc.