Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2015-11-24 13:00

Hello Daniel,

An interesting note and a wonderful photograph to accompany it!

Perhaps the weather on this day was bad but your photograph is anything but that: conversion to black and white has had an astonishing effect in improving the light and bringing back some wonderful light and contrasts and tones in those magnificent buildings.

Your composition is excellent and the tall dark lamppost at far left hold the whole image together beautifully. And the details and sharpness are absolutely exquisite.

Fabulous!

Kind Regards,

John.

P.S. Did you use a "infra red" filter during processing this image? Whatever you used and however you did it, it has worked extremely well!

Old 11-24-2015, 09:44 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To tyro: Hdr

Hi John
This is actually a HDR merge of three pictures with different exposition times and then in the end converted in to black and white.
Daniel
Old 11-25-2015, 08:16 AM
TE Expert

Default Hdr....

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your reply!

I knew that Photoshop and Photoshop Elements have an "infrared" filter which gives similar appearance to this when images are converted to black and white but that's interesting that you used HDR here. The effect is really excellent.

I've only ever tried "free" HDR programs which I've found on the internet - but never with any great success. Do you use Photomatix? I believe that Photomatix is supposed to be one of the best. And is it easy to use or is there a lot of learning required?

Kind Regards,

John.