Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2019-02-11 15:31

Hello Bev,

I must confess that I'd never heard of Sunderland Point before so your note and photograph are of particular interest to me as I love to learn more and more about our native lands. And I suspect that many people looking at this will (like me) initially think of the city of Sunderland in Tyne and Wear.

This image is of remarkable quality considering that it has been taken with a mobile 'phone! Perhaps the contrasts are a little severe compared to what you get with your camera, but your composition is perfect with strong diagonals and the sweep of the coastline and the perfect placement of the intriguing sculpture. Excellent detail and sharpness too.

Excellent!

Kind Regards,

John.

P.S. I note from many of your recent photos that your camera is often listed as a Canon G12 - is that now your main camera or do you still use your Nikon DSLR - or, if I remember correctly, also a Fujifilm XT1?

Old 02-12-2019, 09:55 AM
TE Expert

Question To tyro: Which Camera Shall I Use ...

Thank you for your warm critique, John.

Cameras! Well, like you, I often opt for the smaller, easier to carry Canon. I do take the Nikon out occasionally, just so that I don't forget how to use it! I have a Fuji, too, but since I can't use both, Len usually has that one! And then, we swap from time to time.
Just recently, because we hadn't really intended to spend time photographing but visiting friends, I have used my mobile phone. Oh, I never thought I would hear myself say that ... a mobile phone for photography! I assure you, only occasionally!

Lovely to hear from you.
Are you off to Minorca again this year or meeting up with the group in Oxford in May?
Best wishes,
Bev
Old 02-12-2019, 10:38 AM
TE Expert

Default Cameras .....and meeting??

Hi Bev,

Thank you for your reply! So now I know all about your extensive photographic armamentarium! Thanks.

But what of a meeting in Oxford in May? Perhaps I've had too many absences from TE recently and missed something because that is news to me. Do you know who's organising it, who is going and where, exactly, the meeting is to be? Are yourself and Len going? Sounds quite interesting.

Kind Regards,

John.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:53 AM
TE Expert

Default Meeting in May

Hi John,

It is Viviane who is organising it.
It is during the dates 12-19 of May, to meet near Oxford because that is where she will be stationed with her caravan as she and Chris do their annual campsite check. I haven't got details of the site yet but it is to meet up for as long or as little time as you have.
I think Viviane said she hadn't heard from you about the meet.
We will be going for a few days. Oxford is a great place to look around .. as I'm sure you know.

Best wishes,
Bev
Old 02-12-2019, 02:19 PM

Hello dear Beverley & John,

I have re-sent my mail from last September to both of you...
Maybe I was really too early but contacting everybody on time can be quite tough...

Amitiés,
Viviane

Old 02-12-2019, 03:03 PM
TE Expert

Default Oxford

Thank you for your note, Viviane.
I'm sure that will have given John the information that he needs.

Hugs from Trawden,
Bev