Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great PJE 2008-09-04 6:10

Hello Paul. Of course its just a tree but look at the incredible backdrop! Very nicely framed creating a very pleasing composition.
Suggestion..although you have one of the best cameras on the market I think you could have sharpened the photo just a little. At f16 you should have had all areas tack sharp in focus. Did something or someone jiggle the tripod? If you shot this hand held at 1/13th of a second well that is another thing. Nice work!

Old 09-04-2008, 01:19 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To PJE: Sharpness

Thanks for the comment.

I looked at the image again, and have to agree that it could do with some more sharpness. The original image is pin sharp. The image posted was processed, posted online (another site), and then I grabbed the small version from there. I think that has softened the image.

In future, I'll just post here directly after processing.

Thanks,

Paul
Old 09-04-2008, 02:21 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To PJE: Sharpness

Funny how I felt I was being a little to forward in suggesting what I mentioned. I see now we are able to post up to 300kb in size which makes a big difference for quality uploading. I usually resize to 800 pixels wide first, then add the required amount of sharpness, and then finally use File...Save for Web Feature to arrive at the KB limit I want to post. Photoshop...nothing else on the planet quite like it. Thanks for the kind response.

Have a good day Paul