TE Calendar/Book for Tsunami Victims?

You're on Page 9 of 9
Go to
  • Re: TE Calendar/Book for Tsunami Victims?
    Can I buy a copy yet?

(just because the tsunami is over doesnt mean that its not still a good idea - plenty of worthwhile causes out there)
  • Is it available yet? No.
    Hi David,

No, you can't buy a copy yet. Do you really want to buy a 2006 calendar already?!?

Cheers,

Adrian
  • Re: Is it available yet? No.
    As soon as possible is good, not only for getting to see some great TE photos but also for getting the cash to a place where it can help. why wait?
    how about advance orders for helping to get the project up and running? (if it needs help, or just to help donate money in advance of it being ready. just an idea...I'm sure all those who are homeless dont want to wait until 2006)
    Just found out this, but I am here to give any help to a great cause.

First, where are we now??? Please keep up inform. We should organize a committee who take what and post the progress. Volunteer yourself what you can do and set up the groups. I have not much experience in publishing but I can give my photos, time for constructive comments and money.

I heard some NGOs have more overhead spending than actual helping. And saw news of some govs taking incharge of donations and not giving much to people. So, direct donations by our TE members in the fields might be better idea and money well spent.

I am afraid that a year from now, this could be lost in people memory and the calendar won't be selling well somehow.

Way Sai
    Photos have already been selected and requests are currently being sent out.
    Thank Adam for keeping us informed. I am happy to know there is a lot going on for this. Please keep up the good work and let us know if anything we need to do. Thanks.

Way Sai
    It's about "distribution time" for the next year calendar now.

<u>Adam:</u>
    Would you please give us the most recent update on this project? Is the calendar ready for the market?

Thanks,
    Currently it'll be a very small calendar, since I only have 8 of the images required ;)

I think we need to decide whether this is still a viable project. Thoughts?
    Seems as though this is petering out (due to lack of interest?). You say you only have 8 of the images required yet I think it was back in July when Adam said the photos had been selected and requests were being sent out. Has the emphasis now shifted to the book to be published and should this tsunami idea be dropped altogether, continued with or the calendar be published as quickly as possible but with the Pakistan earthquake victims being the benificiaries rather than the tsunami. Or, to look on the black side, have it all ready for publication for when the next emergency crops up?