To photoray: Hi, Ray - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great photoray 2014-05-25 11:32

Howdy Serghei,

Interesting how others perceive Los Angeles and SoCal.
I am curious where specifically this image is?
It is not within the City of Los Angeles 'city limits'.

I left SoCal decades ago for northern California and job forces requiring my working in the Capitol - Sacramento for Transportation.

California is perhaps the weirdest State because we have such a huge diversity in environment and places. One can leave SoCal's crowded civilization and drive to the lowest place on Earth in Death Valley, or the highest mountain - Whitney outside of Alaska in the U.S., etc. etc....

Thanks for sharing,
Cheers,
Ray

Old 05-25-2014, 06:47 PM
TE Expert

Default To photoray: Hi, Ray

Thanks for your visit and so informative comment. This photo was taken somewhere between LA and Solvegn (or St. Barbara , did you know the latest breaking news from this wonderful cozy calm town).
I have read about the State and I had have 3-weeks trip around some famous places too.

Serghei
Old 05-26-2014, 11:27 PM
TE Junior Member

Wink SoCal Highway

Howdy Serghei,

Yes the farther north one drives from Los Angeles County, the population drops significantly and more land is open and more under Nature's control.
And beyond Santa Barbara, near San Luis Obispo, drivers may decide to take an inland route on Highway 101 or the coastal route on Highway 1, which is known as the Big Sur highway. One of the U.S.'s most scenic roads, clinging to cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean with many classical bridges crossing canyons flowing into the sea.

Thanks again for sharing,
Best Wishes,
Ray