To tyro: church - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2020-05-15 6:50

Hello Jean,

What a beautiful church!

You have given us a fascinating and very informative note as well as a photograph which is quite remarkable in its quality considering that it has been taken with a mobile phone! But I suppose that an iPhone is of very much higher quality than your average run-of-the-mill ones. Maybe I should just ditch my posh cameras and buy one. :)

I'm trying to look at the lines of the roofs but the big tree on the left is blocking my view a little - are there separate aisles down each side of the nave? And the church definitely appears to be bigger than first appreciated when you stop and examine it more closely.

I love churches and so you must go back sometime and take some photographs inside. The trouble, of course, is that churches were once almost invariably open for visitors but now, with increasing theft and vandalism, so many are now kept closed - which is a real shame for those who just want to visit, say a prayer or simply have some peace and solitude and appreciate the architecture - and maybe take a picture at the same time.

A Beautiful Photograph!

You take care and stay safe.

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 05-16-2020, 02:39 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To tyro: church

Hello John, thank you for your kind comments and interest once again.
The church has a central nave and an aisle down each side.
Some reviewers have described the church as small, but by English standards it is not a small church.
Situated just a 10 minute walk from where I live.

I may try to get some interior shots when some normality returns!
Keep safe.
Kind regards, Jean.