Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great unclehotshot 2014-11-18 10:16

Hi Somnath
Interesting shot. Theboats with animal's heads are a surprise and therefore a cool element in the photo. Well seen. The light is strange.. was it dusk? There's a haze over the woods.
Can I offer you a little piece of adwise? I cordially suggest you visit other galleries and drop a comment or critique. People appreciate that and they visit you in return.
Thanks
Cheers Frank

Old 11-18-2014, 12:07 AM
TE Senior Member

Talking To jcpix: Thanks Jason

It's not winning that really counts….. it's participating!
Before I joined TK, I used to like looking at photos of my homeland, Québec & Ontario. It was after I joined that I started noticing things that I feel are slightly uncomfortable.

I wrote a note on the forum about "copyright", and added a note to "insipid critiques". We only live once, this isn't a dress rehearsal, and too many people take things too seriously, and spoil it for others.
I thought a quiz might break the ice.

Like you I could go on about technical this & POV that, but what the heck, I post my "snaps" not "photographic masterpieces"!!

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated.
the ED
Old 11-19-2014, 01:47 PM
TE Expert

Default Fun for everyone

Hi Ed,

I love your idea of the quiz, and not being so serious about everything. I get this is a site for shared talents and a place to learn about the world while improving on photographic skills...I mean, I can't begin to tell you how much I've picked up since joining....but no one here is winning an award for being the "best" or most popular, it's certainly not a competition.

The site is different things for different people, no use wasting time or energy being upset because it doesn't conform to a certain standard of someones personal liking. To quote Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

Thanks for taking a moment to read my ramblings. Looking forward to the next test. Have a good one.

J