Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Ascot 2010-05-12 14:33

Yet another photo that really appeals to me Winifred. I miss the tidal changes, which in Norway, where we are at the moment, are very minimal, and nowhere near as interesting as those in the East Neuk o' Fife.

For me, the blue boat is a distraction, and I am far more interested in the zonation of the brown seaweeds. The 'tide mark' shows the tidal movements well, but I suspect it gets even lower than this.

The red boat, with its smiling reflection, needs no visit to the dental hygienist!

Warm greetings, Amelia

Old 05-14-2010, 12:37 PM
TE Newbie

Thumbs up To ikeharel: Potree port

Hello Ike.
Thank you for your help. Your version does improve the colours of boats and water reflections. Now they are more vivid and more attractive.
On the other hand they reinforce the attention on the dock that I don’t like and some details on “stardust” are lost. Also the mist of background is less in effect.
So overall is less than a misty morning and becomes to be more like midday (I mean as a filling).
This photo would have being better if I could catch it one minute before. This “stardust” boat is tourist one doing rounds in nearby islands. It has just approached the dock and while doing so it was producing an huge amount of smoke hiding most of the cars and showing an action. But I had the camera in the bag with a wide angle lens attached...
So anyway thanks again for your help.
Cheers.