To tyro: safety - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Great tyro 2019-02-11 1:00

Hi Mariusz,

By Jove, you have written a fabulously detailed and informative and comprehensive note, not just for Craig but also for anyone else contemplating a visit to these parts of Egypt. And I think your advice for would-be travellers should certainly be taken on board by anyone considering a holiday here - a holiday which could not only be relaxing and enjoyable but also very educational too.

But, I'm wondering, you were here twelve years ago in 2007 - do you think it would still be safe to travel these parts today? And would you take a young family these days?

Your photograph is of amazing quality and even more impressively so considering that it was taken with a considerably more basic camera than the one you now use. The light, contrasts and details here are superb.

A perfect presentation for TE!

Fabulous!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 02-13-2019, 05:35 PM
TE Expert

Hi Mariusz,
What do you know about the joy of travelling? You are just a tourist, not a traveller. The only exotic places you have visited so far were Turkey and Egypt and a part of Argentina. You haven't been to black Africa, Asia or other countries of Latin America, you have no idea how to move around there. (Australia and New Zealand are civilized).
I spent altogether 5 months in Latin America, well, only 5 weeks in black Africa, but maybe a year in different countries in Asia. Even in the USA I have more yellow colour than you. And Gert experience is much bigger.
The way of traveling depends on the country. Usually, in just underdevelopment countries public transportation is better than in deloped ones where most of the people own the cars.
Yesterday I have met Harry Mitsidis, maybe the greatest traveller in the world now. He was in 193 UN countries. 265 UN+ (not recognized) also Antarctica and Arctic. What a pleasure was to chat with him! I met also other travellers, for instance, travelling independently in South Africa with small kids.