To holmertz: The figures - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2020-05-22 11:44

Hello Paul,
Three good photos. Personally I find WS #2 the most interesting (you will understand why), but probably the main photo and the first WS are more informative. Besides, the reflections here are very attractive, and not just for a number of ladies in red.
I wonder if the years of Siddharta's birth and death could be assessed so clearly. Different sources suggest various years, and can not even agree on which century he lived. Actually, there are confusing figures even in the note. ;-)
Kind regards,
Gert
PS Thanks for your comments on my photos from "Bobo". I'm not really so at home there, but I wanted the title to be in just one line. ;-)

Old 05-22-2020, 07:03 PM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: The figures

Thank you Gert,

I know about the confusing figures in my note.
My information came from different sources. One source of information only mentioned the dates that Buddha lived and the other source only his year of birth. So take this with a grain of salt.
In any case, every Nepalese and Indian visitor was convinced that this was really the birthplace of Buddha ... and I liked the overall atmosphere.
I have no photos of inside the building. The interior was not really photogenic, but it is an important place for all those pilgrims.

All the best!
Paul