To Longroute: Adding Co-ordinates - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Longroute 2010-09-11 7:45

This is really great Keith,

I'm fond of seascapes and I didn't know or heard of this place.
You may be right: one of the most beautiful in Europe (I don't know Asia enough to include it...). I'm stunned by the clarity and the intensity of the colours in this photo, you have been twice lucky: to be able to have such a fine flight and to find such a lovely light and clear atmosphere. No cropping you said? Well the composition is awfully good especially if one thinks that you were on a microlight.
Best compliments for this outstanding achievement.

May I suggest one thing? TE offers the possibility to include a map link in the loading page of the photo. I do think it's a nice idea to have the chance to see immediately where one picture was shot, at least I'm often curious about that. But in order to do so you need to have the decimal coordinates of the place. You can find them in a very useful web page that my friend Lasse (ellello) has created. It's very easy to use. Once you got the coordinates you only need to paste them into the dedicated space in the loading page.

You find the Coordinates finder:
Here

There is a help section where everything is explained in a simple way.

Best regards,
Donato

Old 09-14-2010, 07:48 PM

Default To Longroute: Adding Co-ordinates

Hi Donato,

Thanks for the suggestion about adding the co-ordinates. Very straightforward when you know how I've done it so now you can see precisely where this is.
I was incredibly lucky with the lighting and the composition. The lighting was planned, that's why I went up at the time I did. The composition was more fortunate as it's not easy to see through a viewfinder from behind a full visor on a helmet.