Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2018-12-08 2:38

Hello Bev,
As I can see from the WS this is not your husband, he must have wondered why on earth you wanted these photos if you didn't tell him about the reflections. Maybe he walked away admiring himself for being such a handsome man.
I suppose I have seen reflections through sun glasses before, but it's still a very original and amusing composition, and as far as I can see it also contains a self portrait.
You claim to speak very little Italian, but as far as I remember I have seen you write "fluent" notes in Italian. I thought you were an expert.
I wish you a nice weekend,
Gert

Old 12-08-2018, 10:46 AM
TE Expert

Talking To holmertz: Fluent Italian

Thank you for your critique and observations, Gert.

I am totally fluent in Google Italian!
Sometimes, and if I have a little more time than usual, I use the translator and compare the English with the Italian.
I must admit, I have come to recognise some words by repetition but that immediately evaporates in direct conversation! And anyway, what I might say in a critique bears little resemblance to welcoming someone and asking them about their day!

We somehow managed by using our knowledge of French and wow, Google on an iPad.
Despite our difficulties, we had a great meeting and laughed incessantly!

Have a good w/e, Bev