Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Tips-Techniques

Notices

Old 05-08-2008, 07:28 PM
TE Expert

Default problemes couleurs 350D

bonjour,
j'ai un probleme de couleur sur certaines photos ,de façon aleatoire.certaines sont bleues ou vertes et meme rouges aujourd'hui, de plus les photos aux couleurs perturbées sont beaucoup plus lourdes(8M) que les normales(3M)
est-ce un probleme connu de quelqu'un? y-a-t-il une solution?(à part acheter le 450D!!!)
pour avoir une idée du prob j'ai mis une photo à prob en WS de ma derniere photo (compte baclama)
merci de votre aide vero
Old 05-09-2008, 07:15 PM

Default Re: problemes couleurs 350D

Interesting.

Were you using any filters at the time, and what does the EXIF data show?

Could you send me the original damaged file via email? Click on the Contact Me link, and I'll reply with my address.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:18 AM

Thankyou for sending me the originals to investigate!

The bad picture looks very odd indeed, it's almost as if the demosaicing stage didn't work correctly. The embedded thumbnail shows the same abnormalities as the fullsize image in the same file, which also suggests to me that the problem occurred somewhere within the image processing pipeline on the camera. As far as I can tell the JPEG structure seems fine, so it's not likely to be a result of corruption after the image was written.

Does the image looks strange on the camera too? If I'm correct, then it should.

Assuming you have taken all the images off the card, reformat the memory card, and then try installing the latest firmware for the 350D (v1.0.3 - here) and see whether that makes any difference.

I also see that you changed a number of settings between the bad image, and the good image. Are there any particular settings that seem to cause problems? Or any specific settings that fix it?
Old 05-17-2008, 12:41 PM
TE Expert

thank you very much to help me ...but nothing has changed and yesterday, I went to Canon' shop and they say to me it's sensor or electronic circuit...so can I buy 400D or 450D?!!
thanks again
vero
Old 05-17-2008, 04:57 PM

Unfortunately I think they're right. I don't think it's the sensor itself, but it does look like an issue with the image processing inside the camera. It's an unusual fault though, I've certainly never seen anything like it.

If you're asking which of the 400D or 450D to choose, I'd probably choose the 450D, mainly because live-view is useful to my style of shooting. They're both good cameras though. I've used a 400D for more than a year now, and I love it!