Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2021-10-23 4:28

Hello György,
I am surprised to find a place in Hungary looking like the "water village" in Brunei shown here recently by Paul and me. Is it just a ploy to create something looking exotic to attract visitors, or was there a deeply felt need to live in cottages on stilts? It's certainly attractive for photographers, and finding a desk chair on the jetty gave you a great opportunity. I like this slightly absurd view and the contrast of pink foreground and blue sky. The main photo is easily more attractive than the WS.
Best regards,
Gert

Old 10-23-2021, 01:31 PM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: re-

Dear Gert,

Thank you for your kind words on my photo! The place was created by fishermen who wanted some rest. The place had been rather unknown until some ten years ago, when somebody posted some spectacular photos. Then everybody wanted to go there and have their own. The cottage owners are angry at the tourist, who are loud, leave rubbish on the coast and mostly disturb their rest. Recently a popular forum took place to settle the needs of the owners and the tourist (eg. creating a visiting zone with a watch-out tower and closing the other parts.). Will see.

Best Wishes,
Gy.