Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2020-08-07 11:36

Hello Paul,
All these photos are fine tributes to the hard working women of Nepal by showing the daily tasks they have to perform. You made a good choice for main photo, where I note with some pleasure that despite her tough life the young woman has found time to paint her toenails to look nice. I am also rather fond of WS#2 of the lady in red carrying her heavy load.

It is maybe not obvious from my photos from Africa - because I couldn't always take exactly the photos I wanted - but I would have liked to dedicate them all to the hard working women of Africa, in spite of poverty so elegantly dressed and always doing everything to keep their houses and children clean and the children well fed.
Best regards,
Gert

Old 08-07-2020, 07:02 PM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: The toenails

Thank you Gert,

I also noticed the toenails.
Perhaps it should not surprise us that women all over the world have certain common beauty desires.

Best regards,
Paul
Old 08-09-2020, 04:15 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Toe nails

Interesting observation! I also noticed that even the ladies who had lost their homes in the earthquake, lived in poverty and worked extremely hard had their toe nails polished. The colour - red of course, nothing else would do!

Best wishes
Kasia
Old 08-09-2020, 04:34 PM
TE Expert

Hi Kasia and Gert,

Honestly, I only noticed those toenails when I made my photo ready to show here ... and not during my visit of the village.

Best regards,
Paul