Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great jean113 2020-08-09 3:53

Hello Beverley, a great point of view looking up to the ruins. The tower looks impressive against the sky, so that the shapes of the windows are clear to see.
Looking at ruins such as this, I find it fascinating seeing where walls had previously been, giving an idea of rooms etc.,
The extra shots are useful, although I am unsure about the sculpture, was that a permanent piece?
Thanks for sharing, kind regards, Jean.

Old 08-09-2020, 11:19 AM
TE Expert

Default To jean113: Sculptures at Helmsley Castle

Thank you for your critique, Jean and, in answer to your query, there are three sculptures of medieval warrior figures, installed as a set and situated to confront the visitor on the approach to the barbican gate. I only included one. I do have another photograph but not of the three.

It is a long time since I took these shots and I really don't know what happened to some of my shots. maybe I accidentally deleted them! Who knows!!

The figures have been a long-term feature of Helmsley Castle, created by Malcolm Brocklesby and installed in 1995. The plaques explain that they are intended to evoke a ‘zen approach’ to martial arts, thus evoking how weapons merged with the warriors using them.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Bev