Gert

• Hello,

I didn t know this legend so far. I ve found this on a French website (source : lepoint.fr).
    This legend dates from the 19th century with Mirza Ghulam Ahmad who creates a branch of islam now excluded, called Ahmadiyya movement.
    After having recovered his spirits in the cave of the Holy Sepulcher, Jesus therefore went to greet his disciples, then decided to leave Galilee where it was impossible for him to continue his mission. He then took the road to Damascus with his mother. On the way, he met Saul, rallying him to his cause, then continued on his way to a nearby kingdom that wanted to benefit from his qualities as a miracle worker. For several decades, he advanced in small leaps towards the East. Very ancient writings confirm this migration. Jesus would have ended up arriving in the Kashmir valley where he chose to settle, because it was then populated with a part of the lost tribes of Israel.
    Officially, the Rozabal located in Kabyar district in Srinagar behind Dastgir mosque is the burial site of Yuz Asaf, a medieval Muslim preacher - but a growing number of people (Ahmadiyya movement) believe that it is in fact the tomb of Jesus of Nazareth. Yuz means Jesus in the local language.
  • Thank you Miguel,
    There are some details here I either had forgotten or didn't hear of before. In my memory he had arrived in Kashmir early enough to get married and live a family life there. Maybe I read that in a small booklet I bought written by a local (self-appointed?) scholar claiming there was proof that Jesus lived and died in Kashmir.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Gert