Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great PaulVDV 2019-10-18 2:47

Hello Mariusz,
The statue shows Jan Breydel and Pieter De Coninck, two Flemish heroes who played an important role in the Flemish resistance against the French rule in 1302. Their story is legendary in Flanders.
However, I did not know that as Benny writes that one of them was not present in the big battle. This is how I learn from the comments that fellow countrymen write on TE :)
The shadows of I don't know what fill nicely the foreground of the picture.
Splendid colourful view under the summer sun.
Best regards, Paul

Old 10-18-2019, 10:55 AM
TE Expert

Default To PaulVDV: delayed smileys

Hi Paul,
what is the secret with delayed smileys?
How do you do it?
M
Old 10-18-2019, 03:47 PM
TE Expert

Default No secret

Hi Mariusz,

There's no secret.
Occasionally I want to give more than 20 smileys a day. But the system doesn't allow it.
Instead of giving the smiley the next day (I would probably forget it then or perhaps I wouldn't find the photo in question anymore), I already write my comments on the picture and send it on without a smiley.

The next day I go back to that picture, look for my comment, click on 'Edit' and I add a smiley.
I don't know how long you can do that. I normally make it right the next day.

Best wishes,
Paul

Old 10-18-2019, 03:48 PM
TE Expert

The next day the smiley of course counts from the new 20 I get.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:17 PM
TE Expert

Thank you Paul.
I took a risk and, as you have seen, decided to test it on your photo.
I wonder whether I have to keep the tab/window open to have access to the link, because I think the link will probably disappear after few minutes.
Did you test the limits? Did you try to write 40 comments one day, or 60? and try to push it into the second day...
I am tempted to try now although I am not sure I will have enough time to test the alternatives...
Kind regards,
M
Old 10-18-2019, 07:08 PM
TE Expert

Hi Mariusz,

I've once written 25 comments on a day, 20 with a smiley and 5 without but with an added smiley on the next day.
I heard once that the other way is not possible. You can't give a smiley to take away later which is normal of course.

Something that I cannot do:
When I've written my 20th comment and I see that I wrote a language error after having added the comment, I'm still able to correct my text.
But then it becomes a comment without a smiley.
I can correct alle other 19 comments but never the 20th.
So must read over my 20th very carefully or it remains with that language error or it becomes a comment without smiley.
Dit you ever notice such things ?

Best wishes,
Paul
Old 10-18-2019, 10:24 PM
TE Expert

Hi Paul,
yes indeed, I noticed that with the 20th critique, if you try to edit it -it looses the smiley...

I think the possibility to edit the critiques (and add the smileys later) should switch off after few minutes or at least the link should disappear. Now I checked that in beta-TrekEarth the link is indeed gone, both from the place immediately under the photo and also from the place next to the critique below the photo.
However in the main TrekEarth it disappears from place immediately under the photo but is still present next to the critique under the photo. Not next to the critique when you list the critiques.
So basically there is this one spot which administrators have missed where the link stays active. I don't know how long and I am not sure whether it is important to let them know about it since they don't care about more important things anyway...
I checked older critiques and the edit link is still available under them from two days ago.
Interesting story
Kind regards,
Mariusz