Top Tips - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 11-28-2005, 03:32 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Top Tips

Here is the fruit of a long discussion I had with a Photographer friend of mine over the weekend.
Top 6 Tips for outdoor Photography.

1: Get Out there, you ain't gonna take no pictures if your on TE all day long. : )
ok that one was stupid!

2: Your home country has plenty to offer, and knowing the environment could be an advantage, it will also make you look at things under your nose in a different way.

3: Smile at people if can't speak the lingo. Eventually they'll smile back at you, so you know it's cool to take the shot. If it's not Ok it's useless to spend time trying.

4: Go where other's don't. It'll give your pictures a different perspective and make them more unique. Don't always go for the obvious angle.

5: Bring an umbrella. Especially in Asia. If it rains you can use it as a cover and continue taking pictures.

6: Look at postacrds (if available) and ask yourself , How could I possibly make this better or even more beautiful, and TRY doing it.
So there you go 6 little tips, after a 2 bottles of wine and several grappa's! Luckily we wrote them down on a napkin. hic : )
Old 06-24-2006, 01:03 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Top Tips

It's the second time I rear this tip list in a few months and I must say it is a good one ;o)
Some obvious things are often forgotten in our everyday life so...
Also, it's good to point out (especially for new comers) that TE is also a window on our home countries for the one who don't know it yet, or for the ones that already know it indeed it's nice to try different angles.
Thanks for that note!
Cheers,
Pris.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:30 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Top Tips

Hi Simone, tks for the tip/s. especially the umbrella (lesson learn from a recent experience).
: )