Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-21-2009, 12:36 AM
TE Senior Member

Default How many did contribute...?

Seeing the amount of reactions on the new design of the TrekEarth sites - and especially not finding it too attractive myself - I can't help wondering how could it go so wrong? How many did actually contribute in the testing of the beta site?

And I mean really contribute; i.e. sending an email to the correct recipient at TrekEarth, as requested, and not just some rumblings of discontent on the General Forum, which probably never got noticed by the "design team".

On a personal level I reported three problems/glitches and as far as I see, they're dealt with. As for the general design - an flaws therein - I leave that to those with a better knowledge than myself.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:54 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: How many did contribute...?

I don't like the fact that you can't read comments or even reply to them. Other than that, I will get used to it.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:26 AM
TE Expert

I contributed by posting in the beta forum and by sending emails to the bug reporting account.

While I applaud the intention of improving appearance, I really don't understand why the new site has less features than the new one and not a single new useful feature. And no matter I force myself to use the new site, something I have been doing since the beta was announced, I still find the old one much more usable.

Regards,
Josť
Old 05-21-2009, 04:40 AM
TE Expert

Hi Kaj,

Until yesterday's "Go Live", the BetaTalk forum was full of reactions, not only negative ones, but also many constructive remarks concerning glitches, navigation issues and missing features. I also sent private emails to the person(s) directly concerned with the implementation of the new site and I'm quite certain that I wasn't the only one.

Of course technical bugs have been corrected an are being handled in priority since yesterday's cut over, but regarding all the other remarks and suggestions I have the impression that most of these seem to have been ignored for the time being. We can only hope that they will be considered once the major start-up related issues are resolved.

It's nice to see that overall performance seems better now than 10 hours ago... though I still can't upload a photo. :o(

Bibi