Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-21-2009, 10:22 AM
TE Expert

Default Condemnations aside...

Is there anything to be done about changing / tweaking the site or is it as it is and there is no discussion considered? Admin can you please answer this?

I do not understand the logic behind the new site, why did we go to multiple steps where the old site was single clicks? That and the lower contrast colors are my two beefs. I understand the advertising even if I don't like it.

This is like buying a new car and getting rid of the old one, only this new site seems to have the instruments in the back seat and the accelerator in the trunk (boot).

Greg
Old 05-21-2009, 12:15 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Condemnations aside...

Hi, Greg.
I'm by nature a positive person, but... whichever way you wanna look at it, this is a total disaster. OK, the ads overdose aggravates the crap out of me, but I'll make a huge effort to swallow it. What really bugs me is the new layout : impersonal, disfunctional, utterly messy and awkward to navigate. This is gonna chase away lots of people as AMONG THE REST nobody wants to waste time by undergoing the aggravation of confusional multiple clicking hunting for stuff that used to be right there & reachable with ONE SINGLE CLICK! What do you think, I got 43 favorites, where in hell am I going to find time to check them all out on a daily basis to find out who has posted what!?!?!?
This is a step back into the dark age, a complete misfit.

Fulvio.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:43 PM
TE Expert

there is a light Fulvio and it is in another thread where the site admin guy addresses (finally) what is going on. Look here http://beta.trekearth.com/read.php?f=1&t=751338&m=1034347&tt=flat then read down toward the bottom.

I hate it also but would rather spend the effort to identify specific problems rather than the subjective feeling of the new site. I want it to work like it did, that should have been the starting point not the goal, but since there is nowhere else to go for now I need to make this work.

The old site is back up at the beta location, do you have that link?

Greg
Old 05-21-2009, 12:46 PM
TE Senior Member

Got it, I appreciate, buddy.
Yes, I'm already back on the old version. It's slower than it was and malfunctioning some here & there, yet I'm back in paradise if compared to the new horror...

Fulvio.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:57 PM
TE Expert

I work in the world of corporate America, the place where profit is king and people are the lowest priority. I learned a long time ago that I am not going to get what I want, not all of it anyway, so I have to choose my causes carefully and fight the battles I have some hope of winning (or pulling a draw on).

I guess the bottom line is that when I stumbled across TE I was looking for something else, if I leave here I can always go back to looking even though that was not as much fun as the last 34 months have been here.

see ya buddy,

Greg
Old 05-21-2009, 01:11 PM
TE Senior Member

I know, I know... money talks, bull**** walks, yet it has to stop. Somewhere, sometime, somehow, but it has to stop! I can't accept seeing the planet and the things I love going straight to hell because of GREED -that's always the first and final reason- without putting up a fight. It might be a lost battle but one worth fighting anyway.
Have a great day, Greg. See ya soon,

Fulvio.