Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2022-01-21 6:21

Hello Malgo,
The WS are somewhat more interesting photos, also well composed, but of course the main post is nicer and offers more details to watch, as well as a friendly smile and gesture. You obviously had a nice day, even though I wouldn't really call it an "adventure". It was just the good experience you can have when you break free from the other tourists in the "all inclusive" hotel or the sightseeing tours with a large group, (and possibly a guide with a commission from certain souvenir shops).
Real or fake beduins? What does it matter? They seem to have been nice people and you had a good experience.
Kind regards,
Gert
PS Thanks for your comments today. I deleted the photo later because of a very low quality (and partly because I seem to have shown it earlier). I am sorry for wasting one of your smileys.

Old 01-21-2022, 01:52 PM
TE Expert

Talking To holmertz: Fake or real

Hi Gert,

Thank you for your critique. Yes, it was a nice day and the men were kind and friendly. The main picture best suited the title. In fact, I showed it so that it looked genuine but the place was fake. During the day I was there alone with these three guys and the driver, but in the evenings the groups come there to ride camels or quads and have barbecue and belly dance.

I was with a group during the cruise but I had also many occasions to go alone and then I felt as if I was given wings.
You like to see the map, so it is here:

2722'18.8"N 3337'31.7"E

have a nice day

MAlgo