Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great bjtindle 2004-08-21 3:07

Wonderful photo. Makes me feel like I am at home again. (San Diego is original home) I love the colors of all the beatiful flowers.

Old 08-22-2004, 01:36 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To bjtindle: thanks

do you know the name of this garden
I got to the park too late due to traffic, yes traffic on sunday
didnt have time to explore the park
thanks
phuoc
Old 08-23-2004, 09:50 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To bjtindle: thanks

Actually I don't remember the name. Isn't it a memorial garden of some kind??? Been so long since I was there. (about 11 years) Hope you get to go back. Do they still have the international area?? (It is on the backside of this garden if I remember right) Have you gone inside the botanical garden yet?

Betty
Old 08-23-2004, 12:55 PM
TE Junior Member

no, not yet
by the time i got there every thing closed either for wedding or it's time to close. Didn't get any chance to see everything.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:24 AM
TE Newbie

I hope you get a chance to go back. Have you been to Pt. Loma to see the Lighthouse? Below the lighthouse there are also Tidal waves and terrific cliffs. There is also a museum up there. Rosecrans Military Cemetery is on the way. If you want to see the Tidal Waves you have to take a road that is on the right on the way to the Lighthouse, the road is a bit past, oh shoot, forgot the name, there use to be a part of the Naval Base up there, right after the cemetery. Anyway, the road to the tidal waves and cliffs is around that area and you will go to your right on a slightly steep road that makes a complete U-turn back the other way. Parking spots are all along the way on the ocean side once you complete the u-turn. If I remember right there is a marine biology center at the u-turn too. If you ever let go let me know and post pics!!!! :)

Betty