Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 09-01-2004, 07:14 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: How big of a nerd....

I am glad you posted, I did not know there was such a thing!!! It sounds wonderful to me!! But, that is me. I have 1 camera with removable lenses, 5 lenses for that one camera, a digital, and 3 other 35 mm without removable lenses!! (Take the 35mm non-removables with me just in case but leave them in car and can go back to get them if I need them.) I also have 2 camera bags, not a backpack. I think the vest sounds like a wonderful solution. Now, where do you get 'em??!?!? And who cares what I look like. It might just start a conversation and maybe I can get another pic!!!! :)

Betty
Old 09-01-2004, 07:17 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Poindexter Alert!!

A fishing vest? Really? I know where I can get one of those. Does it have a lot of pockets etc....Is it comfortable? Please let me know. Oh, and just in case, if I happen to run in to you anywhere in Wyoming, leave the fake nose, fake moustache and pair of glasses on. I will know who you are! LOL

Betty
Old 09-01-2004, 01:57 PM
TE Junior Member

Hee if any of you get such a vest, please make a selfportait and put that in you intro :D :D :D A good laugh is always apprieciated ;D...

Jorrit...
Old 09-01-2004, 04:37 PM
TE Junior Member

When I travel I concentrate on what I am looking at, not how I look. I always wear a photo vest, in fact, a fisherman's vest -- because they are cheaper. May not be the sexiest sight on the streets but it's comfortable and convenient. I never take it off. One of the advantages is that they have so many pockets, a pick-pocket would have a hard time finding your wallet. Just make sure you get one with a mesh back because in tropical countries it can get hot. Also, make sure you have some pockets with zippers, preferably on the inside -- so they can't be pick-pocketed. That's where you put your cash, tickets, passport, etc.