Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 03-04-2004, 12:42 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Thanks for bringing back old memories Torben!

If I recall this correctly it was in 1993 that me and 3 other friends started a hitch-hiking competition from Groningen, the Netherlands to Copenhagen. Stayed over at youth hostel Jörgensen (entrance at the corner of two crossing streets) and during this visit to Copenhagen I also have seen this great piece of architecture that you captured Torben. It was actually in front of this greenhouse were we found a girl from Germany - sitting by herself on the stone terrace writing in her diary - who later joined a cardgame that I and my friends played... She received the very unoriginal nickname "My mermaid" during these lovely exciting days and later we joined our hike back home. I never forgot the generous couple that picked us up on a late afternoon in Denmark and offered us to spend the night at their house in Hamburg. The day after she traveled further to Berlin, I headed for Eindhoven... Sweet memories... That started in Copenhagen in front of Botanisk Have :-)

Tack så mycket Torben! Hälsningar /Edwin
Old 03-04-2004, 01:04 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Thanks for bringing back old memories Torben!

That is very nice to hear. It's good to have made a useful picture at last ;-) Actually my previous posting is from that very terrace, it is a fine place for sitting around reading or writing.