Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 12-21-2006, 12:40 PM
TE Newbie

Default Photoshop question.

I am having a difficult time finding specific information in the help menu and on-line so I am hoping someone here can assist. I have seen photos here where the photographer has cut a part of one image from one photo and placed it in another such that it looks normal. For example, putting a cat in a tea cup (not really, just an example). Also, I have several pictures that I want to either remove or black out the background and I think this requires a similar procedure. Any advice would be greatly appretiated. Cheers all.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:06 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Photoshop question.

Hi there Paul,
Wow, there is no quick and easy answer to your question that could be put here, altho I would suggest you have a look at www.Worth1000.com
This is a brilliant website that is all about Photoshop, it has everything you could ask for and the tutorials are very helpful. have a look, you will spend hours and hours there, a lot to learn.
Have fun.

Regards Woody.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:55 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Photoshop question.

I do something similar with most of my pictures of China, with the white polluted skies. The same technique was used in my long jump picture.

1) Duplicate the base layer.
2) add a solid but contrasting colour layer. If you are working on a black cat, try a blue or red layer.
3) use a variety of erasing tools, selections and remove any part of the duplicated layer. Make sure you finish the edges with a soft edged eraser, it helps in making it look natural in the new environment.
4) use what is left over.

feel free to contact me if you need more help than this.