Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Needs Improvement Merline 2009-03-11 13:19

Interesting question. I think some official spaces should be allowed by the municipalities for graffitis, they are a form of art I think, but should not be allowed on public/private property.

But frankly, Leilani, I don't get this photo. It's rather bland, and overexposed, the 3D looking "thing" does not save it in my eyes. Sorry for being harsh, but I really think you can do much better, this has a feeling of lazy work...:-).

Take care
Michèle

Old 03-12-2009, 05:07 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To Merline: simplicity doesn't always mean laziness

Hello Michele,

Lovely to see you :) I'm inclined to disagree on this one. I like it, don't think it's bland...and more importantly I don't think it was lazy work :) I spent 4 hours inhaling fumes taking many pictures that day...many were elaborate graffiti works, others of paint drips and spray cans like this image.

Here, the splatters are paint drops from the amazing amount of painting going on in the room, the graphic line a crazy form, a test from the painter...and on top of all of it is a spray can and cap. The essential tool of the graffiti artist. My processing, perhaps, may not be your taste on this image, but I definitely disagree with your assessment of the composition. Technically the image is actually exposed correctly. on top of the wood floor is a plastic sheeting and the room has an amazing sky light bringing in much natural light... You aren't to know this as you can't see the scene.. and unfortunatley I'm not allowed to post any of the graffiti or the rooms of the show until the show is open...I've also found that I'm becoming less of a technical nazi the more I study. Techne is important, but concept is most important. Without a concept you just have a recorded reflection, with a concept you have an idea, a meaning and something to think about.

But each to his own! I like it, you don't...that's the way it goes. :) Have a good day!

Kind Regards, Leilani