Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Olrik 2008-12-14 14:00

Touching picture Leilani : the little silhouette giving his hand to the elegant on of his mother. But two things disturbs me : the horizon and the tonality of the B&W. IMHO, it's too gray. Sand, sea, sky, there's not reaaly a difference between these elements. Perhaps more contrast could help to separate them more. And increasing the darken tones could emphasize about the silhouette of this couple. Well, I'll try it with a WS, it's a little easier for me than writing in a bad english. It's just a proposition.
Have a nice evening.
Olivier.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:25 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Olrik: workshop

Hi Olivier, thank you for the workshop. I appreciate the time you've taken to work on my image. I agree, my image is a bit on the grey side. I should upload the colour version sometime into the workshop. One of the interesting things about this image and the day that I took the image was that the sky and the sea were almost indistinct. You couldn't tell where one started and the other stopped, the haze of the day perhaps. Which is why I left it with the grey tone. I wanted the emphasis to be on the mother, child and shadow as well... as for the horizon... well... I was just very lazy :) and didn't correct it before posting :)

Kind Regards, Leilani
Old 12-15-2008, 12:00 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To Olrik: workshop

Je comprends mieux pourquoi la version N&B est ainsi. Après, est-ce qui marche pour la couleur marche pour le N& ? c'est une autre question. Effectivement, poster en WS ton original serait une bonne idée.
Bonne journée.
Olivier.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:28 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To Olrik: workshop

I'm totally sorry : I just see now that I wrote an answer in french. I'm very tired because of my work I guess.
I just wrote that I understand better whith your explanation why the B&W version has this gray appearance. I was just asking myself if what works for colours works necassarily with B&W. To see your original picture could be indeed intersting.
Have a nice day.
Olivier.