Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great broglia 2008-12-10 1:24

Hi Leilani - quite a project you've taken on there! As a regular practising Catholic myself I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the series immensely. As an opener this shot does display a certain poignancy. I like the inclusion of, what looks like, a window frame in the background, and the light is nicely soft and subdued. I'm having a little trouble finding something sharp to focus on, or some little detail to hang the shot on.

Interesting & thought provocing.

Best regards, Roberto

Old 12-10-2008, 12:34 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To broglia: lack of focus

Hi Roberto - that almost encasulates my project for 70% of it!! I lacked focus. I started my project quite confrontationally...I have an image later that will show you that. But as time went on in my project I changed my point of view. The artists I were inspired by were less confrontational and more empathatic... The lighting in all of my pictures is natural or natural ambient. I added no lighting. My project ended up being a very "low tech" one. I think the simplicity of the technique and the simplicity of the images help to convey the strength of the imagery... well at least I think so ;)