Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Furachan 2007-11-03 2:31

Now the simplicity is here, Peter, I'll grant you that, bddy, but so is the indefinable poetry that chracterizes most of yur work, and that is something no one could teach you, nor can anyone emulate it. It is a gift...
Against this beautiful background as in "Pierrot le fou" by Godard, a man gesticulates like Quixote on the beach, chasing ghosts, dragons or wondmills. Dutile, noble, beautiful...
What do I know?
Take care,
Francis

Old 11-03-2007, 04:11 PM
TE Expert

Default To Furachan: unconditional

thank you for your unconditional support buddy, appreciate it (even though at times it may not seem like it).
Just noticed you may have deleted what I would consider one of your best uploads ever, whatup dude ;-), bring it back on, I may be the only one who likes it but so what!!!

Peter
Old 11-04-2007, 11:44 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Furachan: unconditional

Which one was THAT? tell me and iy's going right back up. Was it the confrontation between two men, or the Peruvian looking dude staring back at me across the railroad tracks?
I tell ya, I feel like Maciej these days - some says I can't BUY a comment.

As for your stuff, my only criticism is there isnt enough of it, Peter. There is more emotional intensity and poetry in one f your shots than in hundreds of others.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:56 PM
TE Senior Member

Hi Francis. Hope you will forgive me for intruding. I don't mean to take shots, but when I see you complain about not getting enough comments as a response to Peter mentioning your deleting, I can't help but think that you might be missing the point. More likely, I think you know the point, but your old habits die hard.

What is the point you are asking? Well, at least part of the reason you aren't getting as many comments as you are used to is because of how often (and quickly) you delete. In the past month, I would guess that at least half your posts get deleted before I even see them. I do have you as a favourite, but more often than not it seems your posts are gone before I check my email. If you give it more time, you will get more comments (at least some from me). I think that a likely further contributor to your issue is that I think there might be a fair number of people who have commented on your shots in the past, only to have their work wiped away with your deletion. After a few times, some are likely to give your shots a pass, as they don't want their hard work to vanish. I have to admit that sometimes I pass on commenting on a shot of yours when I think it is likely to be deleted later.

My opinion is simply that if you want more comments, you should stop deleting. Complaining about the lack of critiques while deleting half of your uploads is complaining about a problem which is in good part of your own making.

Again, I say this with all due respect and with no bad feelings at all. I trust you will take this in the friendly way I intend it.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:24 PM
TE Expert

Francis, your last upload the on with reflections everyhwere. Thought it was the only latest deletion, didn't realize you did a batch clean up ;-0
Peter
Old 11-04-2007, 10:06 PM
TE Expert

Hi Darren. If you read my latest intro, you will see the point is moot. I feel more and more that my stuff doesn't "fit" into TE's ethos - i's too rough, or raw or sardonic I guess. Which means the logical thing is for me to take my weird pictures elsewhere. It saddens me of course, but here is moe to this than deletions, my friend, it goes a lot deeper.
-F
Old 11-05-2007, 02:24 AM
TE Expert

Francis, just read your info, I am not going agree or disagree with you assesment, I just don't think that much have changed in those 3 years, except maybe volume. I have tried to find other venues but for one reason or another I keep coming back here, I just don't seem to fit anywhere else. As for not so pretty photos I think I have been made poster boy here, just ask our friend Luko.
Maybe want to set up Trek-Street or something, I would be all for that.
Peter
Old 11-05-2007, 02:29 AM
TE Expert

and if you do find a better venue please let me know.
Peter
Old 11-05-2007, 03:56 AM
TE Expert

DOn't get me wrong - I have a great deal of affection for TE. I do get the distinct feeling that folks have grown tired of a) my deletions and b) my approach to photography as well as my sardonic take on life in Japan. It makes people uncomfortable. Also the Kitano/film noir world I represent over and over in my shots is only of interest to a shrinking minority of punters, what can I tell ya?
Let's just say I am taking a break, a breather. I shoot all the time, by the way, just don't feel like uploading in a void...no more.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:58 AM
TE Expert

Default Not so pretty photos???

Well I dunno about "pretty" but your images are very beautiful Peter. now you're gonna have to live with that (hee hee)! What are you talkin about?