Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great KristinsCamera 2013-08-02 21:15

Too bad you won't find ice crystals like this in Austin, Russ, for this is really a beautiful shot. The patterns are a like an old lace tablecloth, yet the hues of the sunrise coming through them is very contemporary. Really a lovely shot!

Warm regards,
Kristin

Old 08-03-2013, 12:52 PM
TE Senior Member

Smile To KristinsCamera: Your Iceland Spring foto inspired me

Good morning!

Thanks for the kind words! Two factors led to this shot being posted yesterday -- first, I knew we'd be out again this morning (I write dockside via iPad), and second, your shot from the hot springs in Iceland inspired me to go for something with water in it!

I'm kinda surprised -- and a little impressed! -- that this shot has garnered the reactions it has and that many of our TE colleagues have recognized and commented on the challenging light. Frankly, my estimation of its merit was, "an okay shot that maybe should not have been taken due to the strong backlight."

So TE continues to be a learning experience -- learning that folks will notice an extra effort, and that it's okay to take risks and post 'em. Or maybe the lesson is that it's always good to show women in bathing suits!

Have a great Saturday!

Russ
Austin, Texas

PS -- I loved the comment that all good Muses would wish to be backlit!!! Brilliant! :-) R

Last edited by EstudioChispa; 08-03-2013 at 12:54 PM.