Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Floydian 2009-01-30 13:30

Hi Alexis,

A famous location which is high on my list when visiting the Grand Canyon area again next time. I have seen many good shots from this place and this one good be one of them. The long exposure is a must here, or else the rick doesn't work. 8 sec seems to be perfect. Is the D40 not capable to go lower than iso200?
Whatever, the grey filter also did a good job here and works very well to get the result you have know.
Difficulties to get here, i mean the place and the pov...early morning or afternoon?

Have a great weekend,

Henk

Old 02-03-2009, 04:18 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Floydian: Hi Henk

About this place you probably know how difficult is it to access. If you go on summer you must take helicopter because temperature is horrible and the trail to village could be deadly.
This one was taken at about 3pm. All falls are between canyon so the best time is between 11am and 2pm after you will get shadow like on mine. The tiny D40 can't go lower than 200 iso, my new D300 yes, but the only way to achieve a 8 seconds or more shoot is to use a neutral grey filter like ND1000.
If you need specific infos about access or price or other, tell me

Have a good day

Alexis