Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great alexisborel 2008-09-30 5:12

Hi Jonas
So from top of the rocks, usefull to know when i'll go there. Is access free?
You got a great composure and blue hour cloudy sky is impressive. For my part, i should have prefer a more important part of city than sky in about a quarter of picture's size.
Have a good day

Alexis

Old 09-30-2008, 09:59 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To alexisborel: Access

Hi Alexis,
it seems that nothing is free in the US! Access to the Top of the Rocks costs $20 per person. And they don't even give you a discount if you buy something from the gift shop. They do take your photo before you go up, but the quality was just HORRID. They want to sell photos but they were blurred and really bad. They should take lessons at TE!
Regards,
Linda
Old 10-01-2008, 02:20 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To alexisborel: Access

Hi Alexis!
As Linda already mentioned, nothing seems to be free there......but I think its better to go to the Rockefeller Center, than to the Empire State bulding because the view is as almost good as it is from the Empire State and you do not have to queue for hours at the Rockefeller Center (at least that was my experience).
Best regards and thanks for your critique,
Jonas
Old 10-01-2008, 03:32 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To alexisborel: Access

And of course another reason:
What`s the first building that comes into your mind when seing the New York skyline? The Empire State of course and how do you want to take a shot of the Empire State Building when you`re inside the Empire State ;-)
No seriously, even a New Yorker told us to not go up the Empire State, it`s not really possible to take great pictures from up there and as Jonas mentioned the waiting hours are horrible, more than 4 hours after noon!

Best regards
Mark