Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 02-13-2008, 04:36 AM
TE Newbie

Default HELP

I am having a problem resizing photos to place on this site... MANY people who have responded or commented on my photos say they are too small .... I have tried resizing them on Photo SHOP. I have set the resolution at 72 dpi and the longest dimension at 800 pixels I keep getting the message when i try to upload the photos that they are too large I keep making them smaller and smaller so they wil finally be uploaded but when i do that by the time they are accepeted for UPLOAD they have become so small. What am I doing wrong ? PLEASE HELP !!!!

Ray Beausejour
Old 02-13-2008, 04:57 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: HELP

In Photoshop- when you go to save the image. Select 'Save for Web" and in the next window- ensure the file us UNDER 200kb. You should be able to adjust the quality size there until it is under the 200kb.

Please advise if you are still having problems.

Regards,
- Dan
Old 02-13-2008, 04:58 AM
TE Expert

Once the image is saved (lets say- on your desktop), you can right click it to check it's properties- what size does it say the file is?

Regards,
- Dan
Old 02-13-2008, 08:44 AM
TE Expert

In Photoshop, lick-> File.. then Save for web... In the image size box, type 800 on the longer side, then there is the option 'Quality'.. hit the arrow next to it and a slider will appear... now, look below the picture on the left... the final file size is indicated there... move the slider up or down, until you get as close to 200kb as possible.
Hope it helps
Good luck!
Laurent
Old 02-13-2008, 08:48 AM
Banned

When using Photoshop CS : )

Open your picture in Photoshop.
Click in File on Save for Web
Right of your picture you can change the Image Size, fill in 800 pixels maximum.
Click on "Apply" (just under the size setting)
Look for the "weight" under the picture. You can change the weight to max 200Kb by clicking the slider appearing when clicking the little arrow just to the right of the Quality number, right of your picture - (Check the weight under the righter picture)

Click on OK...

(Thanks to Viviane aka Porteplume .... )

And It's worth reading this http://www.juzaphoto.com/eng/articles/jpeg_save_for_web.htm
. It explains both how to resize and sharpen photos for posting to websites.