Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Dpbours 2007-05-24 21:49

Hi Rajdeep,

Welcome to TreEarth! Funny this shot. You always hear photographers talk about the Eiffel Tower, how it is difficult to always find new points of view for a location that has been so much photographed.
And it has to be said, there already have been people posting shots from this angle hahaha. ;-) But still a nice idea!

I wish you happy shooting!
Greetings, Dennis

PS: Try uploading it in a slightly bigger size next time. You can go up to 800 pixels and 200 Kb. Try to use that to the max.

Old 05-26-2007, 04:45 AM
TE Newbie

Default To Dpbours: Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcome. I tried so many different ways to upload this shot, but for some reason it would always be fuzzy and I didn't want to ruin the picture. I went as large as I could with all my other ones. ;)
I have seen a lot of others take a picture from this angle, but being my first time here, I had to add something to my profile. Thank you once again for your comment. It helps a lot.

-Rajdeep
Old 05-26-2007, 08:05 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Dpbours: Thanks

Hi Rajdeep,

If you would resized your picture to 800 pixels on the horizontal axis, the file with maximum file size in Photoshop would become too big.

What I do, I resized it to 800 pix (or 720) and save it in maximum file size in PS. The file size is then 350 - 500 Kb. Then I open it in Photofiltre (www.photofiltre.com - freeware!) and save it there as a different file with a different compression ratio.
In Photoshop you only have 12 steps in the quality. In Photofiltre you get 100 steps in quality. In Photoshop best not to use the option 'save for web'. With that option you will loose your exif-data - which is the data that gives you all the good info on ISO, F-stop, speed, light etc etc.

Happy shooting and post processing!

Have a good weekend! Dennis