Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

MKING 2007-03-03 9:36

I remember this guy, but I was too fixed on the couple in the background behind him eating to take his photo. The hand to the face makes the picture, a portrait with an edge and a story. Can totally relate to the monotony of full time work (I have been so spoiled NOT working for the last 8 months it's going to be tough going home!)

Hi from Birmingham!

Old 03-03-2007, 05:51 PM
TE Expert

Default To MKING: living to work......!

.....did I get that the wrong way round......yeah I spotted the guys in the background too .....I took a few of them but I like this guy more......hope you're liking Birmingham...what do you make of the accent?

...and Sell Fridges? What did you make of the big silver blob? I got jumped on by four security guys for taking an image of their escalator!

I'm off to China in a few days...

bw Kev
Old 03-05-2007, 10:16 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To MKING: living to work......!

I like it here, even if it's a little quiet after London (except on weekend nights, then it's a little too active for my liking and I'm not gutsy enough to try and photograph that!) I've been pretty slack photographically, aim to do a bit more now that I've worked out what I want to come away from here with-- the grand Victorian houses, the wiring over the buildings in the city to stop the pigeons, the empty beer cans rolling around on the floor of the bus... :) I haven't had any encounters with security around the Bullring but we'll see...

Have a great time in China!

Mike
Old 03-06-2007, 03:33 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To MKING: living to work......!

Thanks Mike......it's all coming on so quickly...I'm trying to get a festival finalised before i go to meet print deadlines.....life as normal .....all at a rush........!!

You want to experience Newcastle on a friday or saturday night.....there's fun for you....and judging by Maciej's images Cardiff isn't much better......

take care best wishes Kev