Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great MashiMaro 2007-01-23 21:02

Hey Matthew,

Optimum lens shape and coating? Even when using lenses without built-in protective glass, the particular photographic conditions might mean that using a digital camera will result in more flaring and ghosting than if a film camera were used. In lenses employing flat protective glass, a reflection can occur between the image sensor and protective glass, which cause the subject to be photographed in a position different from the actual position.

Strange as it is the 'unidentified' green spot seems impossible to be seen as flaring of ghosting, it seems like a technical glitch that can't be explained or simply yup could be a dead pixel? Hmmm...interesting observation :/

-Jie

Old 01-24-2007, 05:16 AM
TE Newbie

Default To MashiMaro: coincidences

hey Jie,

G.K. Chesterton once said that coincidences are God's way of playing practical jokes on people. He also said that our real education in the ways of the world came from our childhood, in the stories of fairies, ghosts and giants. "For we have sinned and grown old, we are older than our creator."

2 pictures like this in a row. I took close to 300 night sky shots with that camera, and only had these 2 with this effect. The others just had noise and dead pixels.

Could it be a coincidence, sure. Could there be some weird technical answer, yes and if anyone has one please offer it. But for me I am still young enough at heart to believe there is more to the world than what I can see and touch.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:55 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To MashiMaro: coincidences

Hey Matthew,

Well, we can think of the unthinkable, believe on what we see but just can't explain it. I watch the National Geographic, Dicovery Channel/Animal/Science etc and so much things that go on this planet and we humans are surrounded by strange and unusual phenomenon. Your photo can be a proof of something is out there and just can't get accurate answers. Amazing isn't it?

Take Care

Jie