Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

jinju 2006-12-06 22:03

yay moon shot. Um, well, Im not as excited as you.

1. Is this a TE shot? Because what are we seriously learning about India from this? That theres a moon and we can see it in India?

2. As I said, there must be a few thousand such shots here.

3. You havent done anything creative with this whatsoever. Plonking the moon right in the center is also about the worst way to compose this that I can imagine.

4. This is by NO MEANS a decisive moment. The term decisive moment actually has a real meaning and this does not fit this meaning at all. Cartier-Bresson would be turning in his grave. A decisive moment is a point in time where the action all comes togeter and we can read everything about a scene from that instant snap. Here how can this be a decisive moment when nothing is happening?

Old 12-07-2006, 05:23 PM
TE Newbie

Default To jinju: I must say you have some bitterness about India a

And if it was not a shot, you should have not spent 2 mins of yours in writing 4 points:))
Old 12-08-2006, 02:29 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To jinju: I must say

this is trek EARTH. Not TrekMoon. A photo of a moon and a note about the moon teaches me nothing about the EARTH.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:08 AM
TE Newbie

It teaches others, if not you, you be happy with your work. Comment people in a positive manner, you lack that. Moon is very much part of Earth, the things around us, are the things which we study.
I would advise you to look into your work, and if you are commenting, use your comments wisely in a positive manner.

You are not a world class photographer but you are acting as if you are a Boss.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:51 PM
TE Expert

actually, see the gold star next to my name? It means I comment on people'w work in a positive manner. I see no star next to your name. Youve given what, 16 critiques? 7 useful? Ive given 10404 critiques. Who are you kidding?

Im not acting as if Im the boss. You put your photo on here, I gave you my opinion. I will not give falsely glowing critiques for something I dont like, sorry. I wonder why every moon shot looks the same.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:43 PM
TE Newbie

We have other works to do, I give 1-2% time for photography, your profession is my hobby. Showing GOLD star doesn't mean, you have won World Championship, you have ample time to criticize,hence "gold star" but sorry I don't have that much time. I like sharing the photographs shot by me. I don't wish to enter into any argument with you (don't wish to bang my head on the wall !)