Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 07-13-2004, 03:29 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: BIG problems in India

That's really tough. Bad luck. I suffered a similar huge loss and as a result have no photos from a trip to cuba. One of the most photogenic countries, and ouch that was tough, and I can't show anyone my images from there, although I have great memories. The anger, frustration and helplessness does pass, eventually, and I still treasure that time in India.

Don't make any quick decisions, don't go home of there is the slightest chance you may regret, you are in India after all. Make the decision a few days later when you have cooled off.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:30 PM
TE Newbie

I meant I treasure that time in Cuba, not India
Old 07-13-2004, 05:05 PM
TE Junior Member

Default speechless

i canīt believe this happened to you, i really wish i could rewind and change events... we all understand the way you must feel, losing camera, lenses, notebook... and all the TIME devoted to get photos just the way you wanted, plus the time NOW to recover data you had in your notebook, documents, etc etc! itīs really distressing...
Iīve been following your exchange of notes with gloria (touristdidi), does she know about this?
Please donīt quit, youīve lost photos taken in India, donīt lose all the future photos you could take from now on...
you have a unique talent for this.
and I am being selfish now, but I will truly miss your great contribution to trekearth if you decide to take a break from photography.
wish you all the best, and we are looking forward to hearing from you,
elena
Old 07-13-2004, 05:19 PM
TE Junior Member

Be brave Maciej, it will soon be behind you.
I hope you have caught your best pictures in your head.
Friendly, Pascal.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:15 PM
TE Junior Member

hej,
dołączam się do tych "kondolencji"
szkoda że tak się stało, ale nie załamuj się - aparat to tylko trochę sprzętu, wazne jest to co umiesz a nie to co masz, Ty zrobisz doskonałe zdjęcia nawet kiepskim sprzętem, inni w życiu się do Twojego poziomu nie zbliżą nawet jakby wydali 10x tyle co Ty

powodzenia! i spróbuj może się uda odzyskać, czasem cuda się zdarzają,
trzymam kciuki w kazdym razie
Antek
Old 07-13-2004, 07:15 PM
TE Senior Member

Very, very sorry to hear about this. Hang in there. You'll make it through.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:46 PM
TE Junior Member

Can't comprehend what it must be like to lose all that stuff, can only wish the best for you from now and into the future. Keep safe

MK
Old 07-14-2004, 08:48 PM
TE Newbie

Hello Maciek,
It sucks when those things happen, and as I said, I really feel bad and asahmed that it happened in my country! (I know you were really looking forward to it...) - anyway I hope everything goes well getting back to HK. Don't be pissed off for too long. Just come back here, get a new (better!) camera and start shooting again.

And with the type of pictures you take, it's FOR SURE not the best to stop taking photoes.

Remember... you need to have eyes in the back of your head from now!

Have a safe trip back.
3maj sie
SK!
Old 07-14-2004, 11:23 PM
TE Expert

I'm sorry to learn of your loss Maciek, one that will surely reverberate here since your images add so much to TrekEarth, as does your enthusiasm for photography. I'm reminded, since you are in one of the great spiritual centers on this planet, that the Buddhists meditate on the vase already broken. We live in illusion when we fail to acknowledge the reality of change unfolding about us all the time. Computers, cameras, lenses, even valuable Canon lenses, don't last forever. The same can be said for health and simple aliveness, since illness and sudden death are all around us. The challenge is to ride this wave we find ourselves upon, meeting what life gives us moment to moment. What is enduring is in the heart and we share it with one another in the most precious of moments. You've suffered a loss and been met with the caring of folks whose lives you've touched with your beautiful images. This is the bittersweet moment where loss meets sweetness and we celebrate the wonders of being human.

Heartfelt best wishes to you as you navigate these choppy waters. Take the Taoist path, accepting what comes and releasing what goes.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:16 AM
TE Junior Member

curtis, i really admire your ability to put so many deep things together in such a poetic way.
and i second the content of your message that helps put our feet on earth.

Maciek, please let us know how youīre doing...

This is a well known proverb in Spanish:

Lo que no mata, fortalece

If it hasnīt killed you, it has made you stronger