Old 02-19-2006, 10:14 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Where would you go!

Just guess !!!
take care
Old 02-19-2006, 10:23 PM
TE Expert

well that's a little hard in your case!!

but let me think..........

k
Old 02-19-2006, 11:24 PM
TE Expert

Wow, nice question!
There are actually so many countries I would like to visit, and my long list is long, and so is my short list.
I might want to go back to Mongolia, but now a different part, something like the mountaisn in teh North-west, because I was so impressed by the people and the country, it all seemed so unspoiled. Or Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan, (Also because of the pictures that Narayan has showed us) to see more of the nomadic life. But at the same time when I mention this, I realize there many more nomadic people, like in India where Claude has been, and in Nepal and Tibet.
New Zealand, India, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam (with my bike), Myanmar, Bhutan, India, East Turky, Iran, Jordan. Africa is totally unexplored yet by me.
Some countries for the beautiful things to see, most countries to see a bit of a totally different culture.
Wow, nice question, Kev! Give me time, and I'll come up with a lot more.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:20 AM
TE Junior Member

Hi Rinie! I wonder if you've ever seen this book - Slavomir Rawicz 'The Long Walk' - he walks from Yakutsk, past Baikal, Mongolia, the Gobi, Tibet, the Himalayas, into India, escaping from a prison camp. It's fascinating.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:15 AM
TE Junior Member

Very interesting question. It's the one I'm asking myself each 6 months :)

For now, I would love discovering Ethiopia : the Mursi and other tribes first and the amazing northern landscapes close to Eritrea (Dallol volcano...).

After that, I think I would love to go back to Angola and discover amazing inland landscapes I couldn't see from my eyes.

It will leave me with many countries left to visit of course : India, Laos, Cambodia, Costa Rica, Chile and Ecuador...

Thanks for that question which makes me dream :)

Steven
Old 02-20-2006, 01:55 AM
TE Newbie

I would like to go in mongolia, tibet, nepal, india, burma, cambodgia, argentina... hum, in fact, I would like to see all the world!!!
;-)
Old 02-20-2006, 01:55 AM
TE Expert

I would love to go to the Danakil area too - also India is always very strong in my heart ....but I'm thinking somewhere where I can combine big landscapes with my interest in visiting a modern city - and at the moment this is coming down to Vancouver, Buenos Aries, Beijing or Hong Kong as starting places - the tickets are real - this is me and my wife deciding and travelling together and she really doesn't want to backpack anymore - first choice just for photography is a different matter - I guess India is still my number one desire - although the States appeals right now too. Luko's idea of Vanuatu loks like a pretty remarkable choice too. I would like to see that dream of his become a reality. There's some great ideas coming out in this thread.

I think I need one (or both) of two things to travel for any time or distance as a photographer - either to see and work with others on a project or to have some clear ideas to research and build some photographic essay work on - but not just that - i like to explore - (serendipity is still a favourite word), discover the world photographically as I go along but also to set myself tasks or aim to produce something like a book, website or exhibition.....to tell stories.

I hope one of your dreams comes true sooner rather than later.

best wishes Kev
Old 02-20-2006, 01:58 AM
TE Expert

......all those were on my first list too ...and guess what? .........it turned out to be the world I'd like to see as well!!! :-)) Argentina is a real possibility sometime soon .....but maybe Canada ...or China.....
Old 02-20-2006, 03:00 AM
TE Expert

There is a Pole living in my town of Loughborough who has a similar story - I haven't met him but was amazed to hear about it.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:03 AM
TE Expert

I must say these places crossed my mind because of Narayan's photos - Frances really wants to take me to JA to see her childhood and teenage haunts - ypo ever thought about South America?