Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great SamB 2006-02-17 20:11

Wow! This one really caught my eye when I looked at your profile--it was one of the three thumbnails at the bottom and I couldn't pass up the larger view. You've got quite a bit working for you in that regard--I think the thing that most caught my eye was the contrast of the warm, bright oranges of the foreground against the duller, darker, cooler, moodier blues of the background. I get the feeling this football field is a happy place in a world that isn't always happy.

Compositionally, I like the feel of the huge group of children seemingly slowly walking towards the ball while, isolated from the left, two sprinting boys are vying for possession--it almost lends an epic-type feel: As the armies look on the greatest warriors meet in a decisive clash.

I think that the dark-against light contrast I mentioned earlier also serves to make the dropoff feel still greater--the seperation between the children and Mesa de Los Santos is more than just an intellectual understanding that there is some space in between, but is almost literally a night-and day difference.

Great shot, I think I'm going to peruse through your gallery a little bit more now.
sam

Old 02-18-2006, 04:12 AM
TE Newbie

Default To SamB: Thanks

Thanks for your excellent critique. I have the feeling you would love this place. I went there to fly over the canyon (paragliding), but the walls would make for a some great climbing.

The kids were indeed very happy, despite the fact that the football was probably the only toy they had. They sure got a kick out of watching us set up and fly off into the canyon.

Cheers,
Peter