Most Photogenic Country in Each Continent. - Page 3 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 02-09-2006, 01:36 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Most Photogenic Country in Each Continent.

Hi!
Many suggestions here are great, but I believe not necessary in Your situation. They do not consider time you have and time of the year.
For instance - India is great, but never for three days in Delhi/surroundings. It can turn to be rather ghastly experience than something to be enjoyed. All north-asian countries are also out of question for it's almost winter there. For three days in Asia I would suggest you Kathmandu in Nepal. It's much nicer city than Delhi, lots of interesting monuments, almost magical atmosphere, interesting customs etc. I doubt if you will be dissapointed.
And the weather will be good there for sure.
Next option can be Istambul - it's up to you if you take it as european or asian city ;). For me one of the most interesting cities in the World. For sure has great mood. But the weather can be a problem.
For something strictly european - I believe that Spain/Portugal is good option. Anything to the north is out of question for me - you have too big chance to catch very bad weather. All of those countries has interesting things to see and do in their capitals.
For Africa - probably Egypt is the best option, considering your time. Any other country requires much more time to travel around, and in Egypt you still have chance to see something interesting in just three days.
America - I don't know, Mexico can be some option, but I'm not so sure if the capital is interesting enough. Maybe better go Brazil - Rio de Janeiro? Or Bolivia/Peru?
Have a nice trip!
Old 02-09-2006, 01:38 AM
TE Junior Member

Romania is great, but not in November and not in just three days..
Old 02-09-2006, 06:59 PM
TE Newbie

1-Asia, Maldives ! They`re incredible.If I could i would like to visit Nepal too, it`s a nice country!
2-Africa:Mauritus Island, it has everything: turqoise ocean,hillside, amasing natural garden(Pamplemousse), nice little capital.I love it.
Or Morocco, or , of course Egypt!
3-Europe: Romania, in november, unfortunatly you can`t visit the seaside, but if you love beutiful winter landscpaes, high-mountains, you should come here!
Visi the Fagaras mountains(Balea Lac),Ceahlau mountains(Bicaz river cheys), or any mountains you wish, in the winter they`re fabulos, snowy, magical.
Also I recomand medieval towns like: Sighisoara(in the center of the country), Brasov and Sibiu!
And of course Bran-Dracula`s Castle! and if u like skying, PRedeal, or Busteni is the place 4 you!Good skying conditions, and delicious boiled wine...
Too bad you`re visiting in november, the best time to visit my Romania is in july , or august, iune, even may!
4-America:Yes, Mexico`s a good choice, try Cancun, or if not, Brazil and visit the incredible Maranhao region-where the desert meets the lake, yes lakes & desert, weard and incredibly beautiful!
4-Oceania: Well, personaly I wish I could visit Nauru and Palau islands, swin in the jelly-fish lake, learn about ocal culture, the sea....
Old 02-09-2006, 07:18 PM
TE Newbie

1-Asia, Maldives ! They`re incredible.If I could i would like to visit Nepal too, it`s a nice country!
2-Africa:Mauritus Island, it has everything: turqoise ocean,hillside, amasing natural garden(Pamplemousse), nice little capital.I love it.
Or Morocco, or , of course Egypt!
3-Europe: Romania, in november, unfortunatly you can`t visit the seaside, but if you love beutiful winter landscpaes, high-mountains, you should come here!
Visi the Fagaras mountains(Balea Lac),Ceahlau mountains(Bicaz river cheys), or any mountains you wish, in the winter they`re fabulos, snowy, magical.
Also I recomand medieval towns like: Sighisoara(in the center of the country), Brasov and Sibiu!
And of course Bran-Dracula`s Castle! and if u like skying, PRedeal, or Busteni is the place 4 you!Good skying conditions, and delicious boiled wine...
Too bad you`re visiting in november, the best time to visit my Romania is in july , or august, iune, even may!
4-America:Yes, Mexico`s a good choice, try Cancun, or if not, Brazil and visit the incredible Maranhao region-where the desert meets the lake, yes lakes & desert, weard and incredibly beautiful!
4-Oceania: Well, personaly I wish I could visit Nauru and Palau islands, swin in the jelly-fish lake, learn about ocal culture, the sea....
3-4 days is not enough...
Old 02-10-2006, 05:46 AM
TE Newbie

heyas,

lucky you!!!

anyays, india is great, however i would ultimatly recommend thailand or another one of the countries closely bordering it as everything is already so close and everywhere you are to turn there is sonthing stupendous mixed in with their natural surroundings. As a real big advocate for bringing people to africa, north africa is not the true africa, yes physically it is there yet the lifestyle and people are vastly different. if you are to see africa either visit ghana the clamest and more stable on in the west at the moment or kenya as the wildlife and people are so great and you really do get a sense for the rest of africa, the northern nations are more middle eastern than anything else. mexico sounds great, as for oceania, skip that and stay on south east asia abit longer the culture, people and landscape is inspiring enough you dont want to go to oceania as its more like another developed nation. as for europe, explore the less famous ones and you may get even more unique things, travel eastwards!

-hope this helps, if you need anything if you going to africa or more info just drop a line!
Old 02-10-2006, 09:24 AM
TE Expert

europe : Iceland, very incredible
Asia : India and Mongolia
America :Chili et Argentine (Patagonie)
Old 02-10-2006, 10:38 PM
TE Junior Member

INDIA AND NEPAL 10/10
Old 02-11-2006, 12:18 AM
TE Senior Member

I stand by my original suggestion, a lot of people push Iceland, but in November??? yikes!! the few hours of daylight you get is almost guaranteed to be under miserable light, as for Ghana, pacific islands etc, require too many flight connections, for which you do not have time, you can find non-stop or very direct connections between the places I recommended, and to the person who suggested spending lots of time in southeast Asia - He does, he lives there!!
Old 02-11-2006, 01:10 AM
TE Newbie

I'm of the opinion that when it comes to Europe, Greece is every photographer's paradise, whenever you go there.
Kyklades Islands especially.
The colours are just stunning, especially this wonderful combination of white and blue.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:29 PM
TE Newbie

You are all so great with the idea. My time is very limited. I've decided but not finalise it yet. The journey is in this November.

Yup, I depart from and end at Kuala Lumpur and listed below are my selection.

1. Asia - India (so colourful)
2. Africa - Egypt or Moroccoor Kenya?
3. Europe - Portugal (I have been to Eastern and Central Europe and maybe near Morocco)
4. America - Mexico (as I like football :) Brazil, Argentina are too far at the south).
5. Asia - Korea (as I like their culture. No time to continue to Pacific/Oceania island).

Now, my problem is between Egypt / Morocco (or Kenya ?), I don't know which one to choose. Because of my limited time, I have to choose 1.

Now I narrow down to only Africa. And my focus is of course have to be urban photography only.

Please advise me on Africa country.

Thank you.
Pradis