Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 03-31-2004, 10:22 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Are we ready for one upload per 2 days??

I totally agrww with the one upload per 2 days! I think this way people will have more time to criticise and two see all the latest picture and remember that this doesn´t mean a day without new uploads, there will be new pictures everyday, but not as many as there are now!

Personaly i think this will work, one day i upload and see other pictures, the next day i´ll only see and criticise pictures, i will certainly pay more attention to the ones i don´t know!
Old 03-31-2004, 10:51 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Catcher Are we ready for one upload per 2 days??

Sincerly when I publish one picture, I write between 6 an 10 critics in one day.
But if I don't publish a picture, I write the same proportion of critics ; no difference.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:32 AM
TE Senior Member

Steely,

You can browse categories. Go to Gallery than click on Categories. From there you can select the category that interests you and browse at will. You can also browse by equipment (camera) or film type. Check the Views tab as well.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:09 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To Didi Are we ready for one upload per 2 days??

Yes, i know my opinion wasn´t very clearful, but the idea was that with one upload per two days i can browse more easyly on the gallery and so a less number of pictures would pass by without attention! And this way my last picture would have certainly more critiques or view then if i upload one per day! I see this know that i´m uploading with one day diference!

Well, think we all should give our opinion but the decision will be Adam´s!
Old 04-01-2004, 07:36 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: I think it's a reasonable proposal...

Re: I think it's a reasonable proposal. When there's a limit of postings, one will be more critical when selecting which photos to post.
Speaking about me, I am already can only look through the works of my favourites (though there's a back-log already) and only then go to gallery and check just a couple of pages for good shots from new authors.

Though this problem is common to most popular photo-sharing sites.

I think one photo in three days might be OK, too.
In any case this measure is temporary, too. With increasing number of TE members we soon will face the same problem again.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:19 AM
TE Newbie

Default could we have a weekly limit instead?

Please guys, I always have more than 1 pic to upload.
I wont upload every day though, maybe more like every week or two, and I think that's about the usual pattern among memebers.

So why annoy peaple with a daily limit? I mean heck dont you want users to upload the photos or what???

A weekly, instead of daily, limit would be much more appreciated by everyone, I think.

Thanks
Old 08-15-2005, 10:16 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: I think it's a reasonable proposal...

all for it, myself. i think this would re-orientate the site towards the idea of submitting one's shots for appraisal, and indeed we cannot keep up, as there are so many good shots I find haparzadly afterwards, though i was (copiously) logged on the day they were posted.
Actually, Adam, maybe you could allow a quantity per month ( and still only one a day). 15 for example, and once that # is passed, wait for the next month.

Also, how about allowing 20 critiques a day?
Old 08-15-2005, 11:16 PM
TE Expert

Upload every 2'nd day is quite ok.

Why not also make a rule that in the meantime you must also have written =>5 critics/comments.

This way the duality of the page is considered.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:41 AM
TE Expert

Default you guys are really ambitious

I post once per week, I can not do more, and my postings do not have anything to see with my critiques activity... I anyway critique almost everyday without even posting...

I do not feel the need to check every picture posted here, I know I will miss many, but that is normal, you can not see everything, for good or bad.

Every person has a pace, a ryhtm and this is unique for everyone.

To me things are ok now, if you change I will still comply as I do not post once per day.

Kikvel
Old 08-18-2005, 03:33 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: you guys are really ambitious

I do agree with Cesar 100%, everyone should choose his pace, why do you feel oblied to post one per day? even if the rules change to 1upload per 2days we will not be able to see everyphotos... we will still loose some.

This is like a charity marathon, there's no winners nor loosers, just participants, everyone in it's own rythm.

About the new site, i have my doubts, there's already the sucessuful TL and TN... but i will see... and i'm also curious about the TOS changes.

Can you tell us something more Adam?

Thanks