Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great rosaline 2006-01-08 15:26

Hi Jonathan
I have a similar shot but form land, not a boat. However, your shot is much brighter as it was a bit cloudy when I was there a year ago. Your shot captures this place well and the composition places the building well. I like the few birds in the frames too.
I hope you went to the evening service in the temple. What an experience that was!
Cheers
Aubrey

Old 01-08-2006, 11:47 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To rosaline: Evening Service Experience

Hi Aubrey, yes I did go to the evening service and what an experience it was. I took my camera and paid the requisite fee so I could take pictures. I took a picture and was hounded out by the guards! Apparently I was "too close" to the sacred area but I didn't see any warning signs. I went away with the bad taste in my mouth that the temple was happy to take tourist money as if it was Disneyland but then didn't really like tourists being there. Oh well, just one of those things I guess. No hard feelings now.

Jonathan
Old 01-09-2006, 12:18 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To rosaline: Evening Service Experience

Jonathan
Things have obviously changed in just one year!
I took my tripod with me when I went, and was allowed to photograph everything! I had to give the camera equipment to someone else when I went round the balcony to see the tooth, or should I say the container, within which the tooth is encased. I wasn't hounded out by guards though. Either security has tightened, or I was lucky. Still, you got to go there, so that's the main thing.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:30 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To rosaline: Evening Service Experience

Ah, it was the bit round the balcony where I took the photo. Nobody said photos weren't allowed here and I didn't see any signs. Maybe I missed them.

Jonathan