Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great DiaAzul 2005-10-28 13:46

Bingo.

there are so many pictures on TE of indian portraits that sometimes it can be a case of next, next, next (yawn). But this really stands out as a well posed, exposed and captured image. In fact ignoring all the technical points it is the aesthetics - the pose, lighting and atmosphere of the image that gives it strength.

This is the sort of picture that could easily hang in an art gallery such is the strength of the composition.

Just love it.

Old 10-28-2005, 09:56 PM
TE Newbie

Default To DiaAzul: Your remarks

I have another Indian female portrait I will post tomorrow. Glad you enjoyed this one.

I just got back from Playa del Carmen a week ago. The second I saw the Wilma went from a class 1 to class 5 I packed my bags, went to airport and left. The airport was practically empty and I had no problem changing my flight reservations. A few hours later the airport was packed with thousands who got stuck there. The staff at the front desk where I was saying told me, "Don't worry this is no threat. We know how to deal with hurricanes." Right. They also refused to give me a refund on my lodging for the week remaining on my trip. Said I should stay. They almost made me laugh.

Tom Roach