Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kensimage 2005-09-29 11:13

Great shot, James, the children are very well placed relative to one another--no one blocks anyone else's face. And I like the fact you included context, like the houses at upper right, that tell us something of how they live. (I don't think you want a tighter crop.) They look a bit more timid than kids might be in a less battered culture. One petty matter--the sky looks a bit oversaturated. But fine work overall! Regards, Ken.

Old 09-29-2005, 11:26 PM
TE Newbie

Default To kensimage: Afghanistan

Ken,
I think it was you who mentioned to me in an earlier post about how a specific photo I was posting didn't provide enough context. It was a shot from Afghanistan, and I think you mentioned it looked like it could have been shot in the Southwest (US). It was a little humbling, but I thought it was also really good advice...

This one here is one of my favorite photos because it's all context- bare feet, the "nan" in the girls hand, the mud walls, etc. I think it sums up Afghanistan more than any of the other shots I've posted. Also, I did add some saturation to the photo, but I should point out that the Afghanistan sky is the bluest sky I've ever seen. Thanks for the continued comments and suggestions.
James