Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 02-20-2004, 08:24 AM
TE Newbie

Default No points / No name...

I've just changed my profile so I don't see either the name or the points of the members while browsing at the thumbnails, so I pay much more attention to what I see versus the title given by the photograph.

I keep a list of favorites members and I always look at their photo first, because they will most surely interest me, but now I look at the general gallery without feeling the pressure of looking at a particular photo, just because I "know" the contributor or because the member has a high score.

An paying a closer attention one can get nicely surprises and discover extraordinary shots. For example, take a look at the thumbnail of the photo titled "152" by Cristina Garaventa (snuggleaphagus) and try to find the relation between the image and its title...

Daniel [dob_31]
Old 02-20-2004, 01:18 PM

Default Re: No points / No name...

When I'm viewing the thumbnails I tend not to notice either the name of the photographer or the title. I'm looking at the content of the thumbnail itself.
Old 02-20-2004, 02:14 PM
TE Senior Member

Thanks, Daniel, for your important note. I tried this setting for one hour only, and I discovered that it is very easy for me to recognize many members by their style and by their country. If I see trains from Finland I know it's Olli, and if I see boats from Portugal it is probably Jose Elias..
So I didn't find thuis feature usefull for me.
Old 02-21-2004, 09:39 AM
TE Junior Member

I also like this feature. For all those reasons and for what I find as fun in recognizing my favorites work. I don't put a lot stock in peoples rating anyway, but having this distraction removed makes the thumbnail page less crowded and more attractive to my eye as well.