Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 01-28-2004, 01:47 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Olli

It's difficult to have optimal conditions in a so crowdy place. Was glad to have so much, to take the photo, even without the legs/feets and the hole bag he was lifting.
Framing even tighter would make lost the starting point in the lower right corner - thought about. I even cropped from the original, semms for me to make a "no-mercy" crop...
B/W was original negativ

Composition is good, but I think that the background could be simplier to highlight the main subject – even though the background works well with your note. Or perhaps you could have framed the image a bit tighter...
Old 01-28-2004, 02:24 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To Olli

Thanks for the extra-information of the situation you took this shot, Janos.
I understand that it was very difficult to take the shot in a place like that. And I´m sure you did your best to find the best possible angle and background.

Still, I quess the image could be cropped. If I find the way how to do it – I´ll post a WS – tomorrow...
Old 01-28-2004, 02:40 PM
TE Junior Member

Thanks, Olli, I'm waiting for it
János
Old 01-28-2004, 03:52 PM
TE Newbie

Connaissez le " Lomo "
Appereil photo des anciens du KGB russes..35mm
Idéal pour prendre ce genre de photo.
la particularité de cet appareil, il est tout petit, il va du 500 à 2 secondes il ouvre à 2,8 il est manuel et automatique, mais il n'est pas autofocus. Il fait des photos extraordinaires, on déclenche comme on veut, quand on veut.
son slogant est " déclenche ne réfléchit pas "
c'est un appareil mytique, trés à la mode.
Il a des adeptes dans le monde entier, et un concours mondial bientot.
lomo
Old 01-29-2004, 02:37 AM
TE Junior Member

As I know, the FED was a russian version from Leica. But maybe I'm wrong?
It was - is, even today, although over 40years old - a very good one, I liked it a lot. As you say, without automatic, but if one does the right settings, a camera for point and shot.

What's about lomo? Could you please tell me a bit more? And if it's possible in english? my french is not good at all
Old 01-29-2004, 09:37 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To Zuena

Ok, thanks Google I know about Lomo now. But I have a FED, that one
Old 01-29-2004, 09:57 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To joso & zuena

Joso, after reading your message to ZUENA and visiting on the site of your link I realized that your FED is a Russian camera.

I have a few old cameras and one of them is ZORKI – so, I also realized that I could try to get the same great atmosphere with my Zorki as seen in your FED shots – and in all LOMO and HOLGA shots I`ve seen on TE...

So, thanks a lot...
Old 01-30-2004, 12:38 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To joso & zuena

I've got a Zorki somewhere too, but I haven't used film much since I got digital. I used to have a Lomo too, bought in Czechoslovakia before they got fashionable (and *very* expensive!). The Lomo did have a unique quality; barrel distortion, strong vignetting and highly saturated colours, but the shutter jammed after about 6 months and it was too expensive to repair - the camera only cost me GBP15. The Zorki is a different beast altogether, a lovely lens and quality construction. It is capable of taking excellent photos if one is careful to expose correctly. Not the same as a Lomo at all!
Old 01-30-2004, 08:51 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To andyohare

Thanks for information, andy.

Well, I´m a bit disappointed because I can´t take "LOMO/HOLGA" shots with my Zorki. Still – as you told – Zorki is very interesting camera and I´ll try to use mine...