Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 01-15-2018, 03:13 PM
TE Newbie

Default Where are my two pictures

Dear Moderator! Dear Colleagues!
In those days you took two photos of me, one showing the Wawel castle in Krakow, the second palace in Kozłówka. I received information from you that it was because I did not provide the source of information in the description under the photos. According to the recommendation, I improved the sub-photos and sent you, but unfortunately, on the one hand, I have no answer from you, and on the other hand, my photos have not been restored. It's a bit boring, because half of the captions under the photos on TE do not have the source of information provided. And I am completely amused by the one-sentence signatures under photos of other TE users in Turkish or Chinese. I understand that every fourth person in the world speaks Chinese, but surely every fourth TE user also? Why am I writing about it? Because I think that removing my two photographs is a misunderstanding and I am asking for clarification of this misunderstanding.
Lidka
Old 01-16-2018, 01:36 PM

Both images were removed because the accompanying notes were lifted direct from other sites which is in contravention of the Terms of Service. See below.

It is not permitted to copy and paste large sections of text from other sites. If you wish to refer to information on other sites you must provide a link to that site instead.
Short passages from other sites may be included only if the source of that information is included e.g. (Source Wikipedia) and if the rest of the note follows the Terms of Service guidelines above and is in the member's own words (and language, if necessary)
Old 01-17-2018, 09:14 AM
TE Newbie

Default And what's next?

Dear Keitht!
Approx. It's just that I corrected these signatures and sent them - a few times more - through the relevant link a few days ago, but my photos have not been restored to this day.
Thank you for the answer, but this is a half answer, because I still do not know if my photos will be restored to TE or not?
Besides, I have a question: is this a website for photographers or for fairy-tale writers? Are the photo captions more important than photos?
With expressions of respect.
Lidka
(Lidia Krukowska)
Old 01-18-2018, 08:34 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Porteplume

Bonjour Lidka,

Please take especially care of this part of TOS too:
Short passages from other sites may be included only if the source of that information is included e.g. (Source Wikipedia) and if the rest of the note follows the Terms of Service guidelines above and is in the member's own words (and language, if necessary)

If you are ready to add such a sufficient note your photo will be reinstate so that you can change the note.

Thank you,
Viviane
Old 01-18-2018, 11:48 AM
TE Newbie

Default My posts

The thing is, I sent corrected notes to these two photos (and several times) with the source of information, and the picture has not yet been restored.
Lidka
Old 01-18-2018, 02:23 PM

Yes Lidka,

You sent the corrected version = added source of informations but you also should add a little note in your OWN words. Copying from WEB, even with the source being mentioned is not enough.

Thank you,
Viviane

PS: Look at this photo and read how a proper note should be.
https://www.trekearth.com/gallery/As...oto1549396.htm

Last edited by Porteplume; 01-18-2018 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Adding a PS
Old 01-18-2018, 06:37 PM
TE Newbie

Default I wrote in my words

Dear Porteplume!
I am very impressed with your explanations. You calmed me down very much, because I already thought that you removed my picture because it was a very bad photo in technical terms.
According to the Directives, I wrote in my words comments on my photos of the Wawel castle in Cracow and the Zamoyski family palace in the village of Kozłówka. Using the appropriate links, I sent these signatures to Te. I hope that if I describe these pictures with your words, you will like me and you will make these two of my photos come back to the TE website.
Once again, I thank You for the explanation. Now I feel smarter - if you can say there - for your comprehensive explanation.
Well done
Old 01-18-2018, 07:22 PM

Bonjour Lidia,
Both your photos have been reinstated with the new sufficient note that you provided.

Thank you,
Viviane